Donors Choose

Hello Kindergarten Families,

Help me give my students a teaching center easel for our classroom. This essential teaching tool will help me teach whole group lessons for reading, writing and math workshop. It will also allow for student engagement and participation.

I want to make sure my students have the materials they need to succeed. So I’ve created a classroom project request on a 501(c)3 charity website called DonorsChoose.org.

A new easel will help me to teach efficiently while engaging my students in reading, writing and math! Our easel will be used to display anchor charts, hold Big Books, and encourage student interaction. The whiteboard will be used for teacher-led instruction as well as student participation. Students will use the magnetic surface for manipulating materials, such as pattern block and magnetic letters. The Big Book ledge will ensure that all students can see our read aloud and racks and sliding tubs will be used to store valuable resources used for whole group instruction, such as dry erase markers and magnetic manipulatives.

The classroom easel is an essential teaching tool for reading, writing, and math workshop!

The easel will create a more functional whole group learning space. Our current easel is too small and does not move. The new easel can be stationary or move easily on wheels. The baskets below the easel will house and organize materials accessible for me and my students. The larger board will allow all students to view the learning materials and be engaged, active learners.

I’m writing to ask for any donations possible for our classroom–no matter the size, it will help your children as well as future kindergarten students. If you know anyone who is passionate about education, please feel free to pass this along. Your tax-deductible donation will have a direct impact on at least 21 students (and many more in the future), and you’ll hear back from our class about your impact on our learning!

To learn more or donate, please visit my project:  donorschoose.org/Mrs.Wert

Please feel free to send me any questions you may have. My students and I greatly appreciate your support.